Adventures in Life

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Previous thoughts from fund raising site

2/14/05 - Thanks to all who have donated so far! They have been quite the encouragement for me to keep going, especially today. Today I've been feeling a bit under the weather. Your prayers for health, and perseverance are coveted.
Just a note - according to the TeamInTraining handbook, I should be at 10% funds raised by the end of this week. If you look below, we're ahead of schedule! Wahoo!We are on our way to the goal!

2/12/05 - It's amazing how just after two weeks of training, things are a little easier to do. Today, I ran 8K. Wahoo! It was an absolutely gorgeous morning at Eagle Creek. This morning made me want to do more running and biking outside. The outdoors is SO much more fun than spinning or running on the treadmill. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my other bike and run days, anyone want to join me??? Give me a call (see info at www.active.com/donate/tntin/Jhomans )!

2/7/05 - The team swam at the IUPUI Natatorium tonight. I've been there before to watch my cousins swim. There were points in the evening when I sitting in the stands sounded pretty good. How do they swim for so long and not stop??? Needless to say, I persevered, swam lots and feel GREAT, but I'm sure I'll be begging for a massage tomorrow!

2/5/05 - The Lord is my strength and my song.
I did it! In team training this morning I ran a full 5K (3.2 miles)! While running this morning, this piece of scripture came to mind. I was asking for strength to make it the whole way and then almost started singing to help the time go by. No, I didn't start to sing - I saved my breaths for running. But time and distance went by and I was rejoicing when I made it the whole way! May God be your strength, song and salvation! j

2/2/05 - I was reading the Memphis in May triathlon website and my TNT handbook a little more carefully yesterday. In this careful reading, I discovered it's 1.5 K of swimming and not 1 K of swimming! YIKES! I guess that means I get to float a little longer :). One way you can look at this...if you choose one of the "$$ per Kilometer" categories below, you're getting a discount! It's small, but hey, it's a discount.

2/1/05 -For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14
As my body adapts to this new regimen, I have been reminded of - or should I say introduced to - muscles, I didn't know I had. The intricacy of the human body amazes me. Each one us knit together, uniquely. To think that so much happens inside of us every second and we have no idea. I'm glad I don't have to think about each little function my body does. I already forget so much, I would be bound to forget a heart beat or nerve signal. - blessings to you! j:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home