It Never Fails...
Just when I think I have a little extra money to spend, something in life takes it away.
Two years ago, I received a nice tax return check. I was excited to be able to pay off some debt and start home improvements. BUT the car I was driving at the time decided it was time for a water pump; one week later - new front springs; the day following - back springs. Something else happened in there because it was 4 repairs in less than 1 month!
Last year's tax return was nice one too. The car had been running ok, so I thought this was going to be the year of some home improvements. Not so much. Last year, my mechanic - a good friend - told me is was time to retire my car and look for something else. I took his advice and found a car. The home improvements were once again postponed.
As the year draws to a close, circumstances have been leading me to believe home improvements could start in January. BUT, that may have just changed tonight as my washing machine decided to freak out. I talked to a service person tonight. Just to have someone come to the house is at least $50! Once they get here, the bill starts racking up with parts and labor cost.
Dad thinks I should leave the washer alone for awhile and use the laundrymat. He thinks I might find my own repair guy there. :)
Maybe I should stop thinking about the idea of improving my home. If I do that, I may actually see some of the extra cash.
Two years ago, I received a nice tax return check. I was excited to be able to pay off some debt and start home improvements. BUT the car I was driving at the time decided it was time for a water pump; one week later - new front springs; the day following - back springs. Something else happened in there because it was 4 repairs in less than 1 month!
Last year's tax return was nice one too. The car had been running ok, so I thought this was going to be the year of some home improvements. Not so much. Last year, my mechanic - a good friend - told me is was time to retire my car and look for something else. I took his advice and found a car. The home improvements were once again postponed.
As the year draws to a close, circumstances have been leading me to believe home improvements could start in January. BUT, that may have just changed tonight as my washing machine decided to freak out. I talked to a service person tonight. Just to have someone come to the house is at least $50! Once they get here, the bill starts racking up with parts and labor cost.
Dad thinks I should leave the washer alone for awhile and use the laundrymat. He thinks I might find my own repair guy there. :)
Maybe I should stop thinking about the idea of improving my home. If I do that, I may actually see some of the extra cash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home