Adventures in Life

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New Title suggestions???



Wow! I've read through my previous postings and realized I've come pretty far.
First, the LONG overdue GREAT news! On Sunday, May 22, 2005, the Memphis in May triathlon included 250 Team In Training (TNT) participants from all over the country AND with your help, we raised over $875,000!!!!!!! WAHOO!!
Also, with your help, I was one of the top fundraisers for team Indiana, raising $5,840!

GO INDIANA (and some of northeast Illinois and The Netherlands)!

After a couple months of resting - excessive resting - I realized I needed to keep up the exercising. For me, exercising on my own was not as fun as working out or training with a group of people, so I signed up for another event and mentored a group of TNT participants who planned to run a marathon or a half marathon in Walt Disney World, FL or Phoenix, AZ. I joined the half marathon Walt Disney World team and ran through the Magic Kingdom and Epcot proudly wearing a purple jersey. Meeting so many people who have personal connections to the fight against blood cancers is truly a motivating factor to run many miles!

Yes, there are upcoming events on my list, but you'll just have to check back to find out what they are and how you can be part of the team! Right now, I have a title dilemma and I need your help! At first is was a triathlon to help find a cure, but now it's many events all to further blood cancer research and aid patients with costs. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home