Adventures in Life

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Half Marathons Every Other Weekend!

I came to a realization yesterday...
Every other weekend from this one on, our training runs will be over the half marathon distance! That's just insane! Who signed me up for this???
Oh wait, I guess I did and it's all for a great reason! Leukemia & Lymphoma patients do not sign up for their disease and chemo or radiation treatments. I keep reminding myself of this point on the mornings I really don't feel like running.
If you know a story of a Leukemia & Lymphoma survivor or even one who lost the battle, would you email it to me or add it to the comments of this post? I'm going to need those reminder stories to get out of bed every other weekend and run 14+ miles.
Again, a great blessing is the 4 other Alaskan teammates who run about the same pace. Today we had many times where we took over the Eagle Creek roads running side-by-side. We also enjoyed persevering to the pit stops for Oreo cookie breaks. After four or six miles fo running, Oreos have never tasted so good!
Time to keep moving so I don't get stuck on the couch. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home