Adventures in Life

Friday, March 24, 2006

Mini Marathon Turned Scavenger Hunt

Dreams can be very bizarre. Last night I had one of those weird ones. I think it was spawned from me reviewing the training manual before I went to bed and noticing the long run this weekend is pretty close to the half marathon distance.
For your entertainment, here's the dream as best I can remember... I started the race with a familiar group of people. Soon after we started, we realized we would have to stop at different places to find something, get a tour of a room or put something together. The race route went through historic little towns and somehow returned to Indy for a run around the Indy500 race track. I was all excited about the race because I've never been to the race track.
The group I was running with knew how to get to the first building in which we had to climb stairs to get to a room and build a scene with Legos. ( You know, as I'm writing this I think this dream is more Mini Marathon crossed with Amazing Race.)
It took us forever to build this scene the exact way it was supposed to be and I think that's when the confusion started. When we completed the Legos scene we went back outside, down the stairs and suddenly didn't know what direction to go. (The route wasn't marked very well. )
Slowly but surely we found the different places and frustrated we would do what was to be done at the location. After all it was required in order to finish the race. We finally came into Indy and found the race track, BUT it was LATE and we couldn't run around it because the run was done and car racing was taking place on the track.
Although disappointed we couldn't run on the track, several Team In Training people and other people I knew were waiting for us in an area where we could watch the cars race and talk about the day.

It's always good to wake up from things like that and realize it wasn't the real race. I still have a month before I run around the track and I'm looking forward to that day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home