Adventures in Life

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sprint Tri #2

This morning I completed triathlon #2 for this season. There were a couple reasons for doing this tri today. First, I really needed to work on the obstacles I have been facing on the swim portion. And, second, by completing this tri and the Chicago tri in August I will be an officially ranked USAT triathlete! Why not squeeze in another race just to be able to put such a description with my name? :)

The race was great! I was so glad I did it. The swim went much better than the race a couple weeks ago. I still have a couple things to figure out and some speed to work on, otherwise I feel A LOT better about the swim than I have in the past. The kicking and wacking from other people along with doing some of these actions myself didn't delay me too much today (note: where I was in the pack, it's typically not intentional hitting by anyone). I know my TNT coach will help me work on the speed stuff. She definitely knows how to push one to the limits while training.

The bike and the run went well too. One hill was a BEAR to climb on the bike, but on the way back it was probably the most fun part of the whole ride! It was a great down hill cruise. Not having any bikes around me made it even more fun.

I set my goal to finish in 1:45:00. I crossed the finish line in the 1:38:00 minute! YIPPEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home